Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 12:29:11 +1200
Actually, it's possible that the noise (which was very faint and probably
wouldn't have been audible with the sides on the case) was
emanating from the HD or HD's, in the same way that they make small noises
occasionally during startup or closedown.

Anyway, as I said in a earlier reply to Mark, I've pulled the Promise card
out and the problem has disappeared.

Which is good (as I solved the spontaneous rebooting) but bad (as I need to
find another reliable source of IDE connections)

Ian Porter
Computer Guys
Arrowtown
New Zealand