joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 22:46:50 -0500
How about removing the PCI modem and getting an external USB modem? I have a Tyan 400 Trinity S1854 mobo with a similar slot configuration except only one ISA slot.  I cannot get my Creative ISA modem to work on this mobo. It freezes up the OS (Win 98 SE) as soon as IE Explorer opens. I have a PCI NIC, and I've tried reinstalling it in all the open PCI slots to see if that would work, but it never has.  I have a modem on my other computer, so it isn't a critical thing. I just removed it.  In your case I think you might be safer with an external USB modem, and get an open PCI and ISA.

--

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com