Michael Eisenstadt <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 09:26:54 -0600
my computer's peripherals are in the following slots:

ISA     ISA      PCI     PCI    PCI     PCI      AGP

new     16bit  S/video  sound  modem   Adaptec  Matrox
modem   SCSI    card    card            SCSI     video

What I'm trying to do is to free up a PCI slot for a Firewire card.

As I have one ISA slot free, I am trying to install a USRobotics non-Win
Sportster and then remove the PCI modem.

Win 98SE installed the USRobotics automatically, but serial mouse froze.
Removing the ISA modem freed up the serial mouse which is using
COM 2, ITR 3. The PCI modem is using Interrupt 9.

This is an ASUS P2B board.

I am guessing that the most expeditious next move is to remove
the PCI modem first, install the ISA modem and see what happens.
On the other hand, I have had 2 functioning modems in yesteryear
configurations and would prefer to remove PCI modem after ISA
is functioning.

The ISA 16bit SCSI card is for a 35mm film scanner which I havent
been using and could be removed if necessary.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Michael Eisenstadt

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>