From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 22:38:29 -0400
For starters, go into device manager and remove the PCI graphics card. Look in C:\windows\inf\other for the PCI graphics card's inf file.  Move it to another directory like temp.  Remove the drivers for the S3 Savage, then shutdown and  physically remove the PCI card. During the boot disable the PCI graphics card in your BIOS.  Enable your AGP slot.  On startup windows should recognize the S3 as a PnP device.  Be sure you've downloaded the latest drivers and extracted the files to a handy folder so you can "specify a location" for installation in the wizard.

>I have an S3 Savage4 AGP 32mb graphics card that worked fine with my
>previous motherboard.
>I purchased an ECS (Elitegroup) K7VZA motherboard and it doesn't even seen
>the card in the Bios.
>
>Currently, there is a PCI graphics card in the machine so I can use it but,
>none of the settings in the Bios I've changed seems to make a difference.
>
>Sorry about not being specific, I did this over a month ago and can't
>remember all the things I tried to get it to work.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml