From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 23:04:37 -0400
On Sun, 7 Jul 2002, Dave Fobare wrote:

> Todd wrote:
> >I went to the bookstore again today and looked at that book
> >again.  My summary was basically accurate, except for the
> >cortisol part, which I had confused with another book I was
> >perusing.  I picked up this further refinement:
>
> If the part about the cortisol is wrong,  then why a 7 minute workout and
> no longer?

I don't remember the specifics.  The author described a series of
experiments measuring adrenaline levels in specific regions, and
the finding that after 7 minutes the adrenaline response is as
good as it gets.  In other words, by working out longer you don't
get more fat-burning stimulus.

This is one of those books that I won't buy, because although it
may have a few interesting ideas in it, there's a lot of "filler"
to pump it up to book length.

Todd Moody