From:
"M.E. C" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 08:27:01 EDT
In a message dated 7/5/2002 4:55:44 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Be sure to remember to ask for a homocysteine test. All labs do it, and it
> isn't expensive. So no reason for the doctor to say no.

I just had my cholestrol levels taken- next time I will ask for the
homocysteine test.

HDL 78
LDL  101
Triglycerides  35

My blood pressure was 110/70

I am a 46 y.o. female. I exercise by lifting weights and do some aerobic
activity six days a week. I eat quite a bit of fat...lots of olive oil, some
flax oil.. I don't eat visible animal fat but I do eat chicken skin
occasionally and I buy marbled meats. I take fish oil capsules several days a
week and try to eat salmon at least once a week.

I would like opinions on my blood lipid profile. The doctor thought it was
excellent.
I thought the HDL could be higher and the LDL lower...but I was well within
the labs so called normal zone. My triglycerides seemed quite low. The lower
the better, right???

Whaddya think????

Mary C.