From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 May 2002 10:08:49 -0400
> I think there is research showing the reducing dietary fat lowers
> the chances of a second heart attack, but not a first.  Can't
> quote a source, though.  Anyway, it does make some sense.  It has
> been demonstrated that a high-fat meal causes a transient but
> significant increase in blood turbidity.  If a person's cardiac
> blood flow is already compromised, this could be a problem.

I'm not sure it makes sense, actually. Perhaps eating a high fat meal does
that, but so what?

I don't think it gets to the "heart" of the matter: internal inflammation.

I think cardio problems are largely auto immune disorders that occur over an
extended period of time due to our body's reaction to abnormally high
insulin levels and especially "foreign proteins" found in things like most
grains, many legumes etc. Basically, constant internal inflammation.
Evidence suggests that the internal tissues are in a constant state of
inflammation, weakened and vulnerable to attack by bacteria. Inflammation is
the result of the body's fighting something, which I believe is "foreign
proteins" found in food. I think heightened insulin levels, especially
without balancing glucogon, heightens this inflammatory reaction.

The key would be to get the inflammation levels down and let the body heal
itself.

That would mean consumption of foods that cause no inflammation. I'm not
sure that meat, even higher fat meat, wouldn't qualify. I think key is to
avoid very suspect foods such as wheat, corn, legumes, and dairy. Also,
control insulin levels and maintain glucogon balance by eating plenty of
protein. And get good amounts of EFAs with property w3 ratios and plenty of
DHA.

I wouldn't eat oatmeal, no way. I would eat eggs, bacon, steak, fish, lots
of veggies, and some tubers to avoid ketosis. (Hey, come to think of it,
that is what I eat!)

I also wouldn't pay much attention to cholesterol levels. I don't think they
are significant, especially overall levels. Triglycerides and homocysteine
are more important. And probably some measurements that benchmark the levels
of inflammation, not sure what those measurements would be.

--Richard