From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 21:25:07 -0600
Wendy Hubbard wrote:

> I was just wondering.  I have had a problem with this for as long as I can
> remember.  My stomach can feel miserably stuffed and I still "want
> something."  I was hoping that it was just because I wasn't getting enough
> of something in my diet and that going paleo would eliminate that
> problem.  It's got to be cheaper than psychotherapy :o)

Oh yes.  I'm thinking it's some kind of allergy or sensitivity.  I have a long

list of foods that promote this response in me: chocolate, all nuts, peanuts,
popcorn, corn chips, all kinds of berries, figs, prunes, or anything with
sugar
in it.  Many of these things of course are not paleo, but a batch of
strawberries
or blueberries causes the cravings too.  My first try at paleo, very
successful,
I ate nuts as an important part of my diet.  Now I can't stop eating them once

I start.  Things shouldn't be this complicated.  I've also got gluten
intolerance,
and dairy products cause muscle/joint problems (and cravings for more dairy).

It's just amazing, when I really get off all this stuff for about two weeks,
my
appetite drops down to a small fraction of what it used to be.  I can skip
meals and be okay, a little hungry, but okay.  I've been trying to fool myself

for a couple of years that I can eat these foods occasionally, in small
amounts,
but really I can't, and I have to face up to it.

    Lynnet