From:
Theta Sigma <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 14:30:37 -0800
At 04:00 PM 3/7/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Any paleo ideas for treating poison oak? I'm very allergic to it. How did
>native populations deal with this? Or were there diets so natural that
>these type of poisons did not bother them as much as they do  some of us?

Jewelweed is supposed to be a good natural remedy.  There are commercial
products available with jewelweed in them.  I believe they are for external
use (soaps, etc.).  Check the I-net.  Also another product is
"Technu"  (external wash) see their web site:
http://www.teclabsinc.com/cleanse.html

For internal use I'd recommend using raw cow's cream and/or butter (fats)
which should bind with the toxins to help reduce your reaction.  I'd
probably drink a pint of cream a day at least and about 6-8 pats of butter
2 times a day or so after being exposed.  Mango trees are in the same
family and the skin of the fruit is toxic either by touch or ingestion -
wear gloves when removing the skin - the inside pulp is toxin-free.  Sorry
that I do not know how

-=mark=-