From:
Cheyenne Loon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 13:17:44 -0700
So true, Kevin.  Their recommendations for wild rice or corn are ok,
but if I had a penny for every time someone tried to tell me that
bannock was a traditional Indian food, well, I could buy you all a
beer. Whoops, not paleo... Ok, I'd buy you all a boar.  Anyhow, I just
wrote an email letter saying as much to the AAIP (Association of
American Indian Physicians), the folks whose website this came from. I
wonder if they'll reply.

On that note, I do have a lot of emotions about bannock.  I shamelessly
love the stuff, though it sits like a rock in my stomach.  And though
it's really European in origin, and totally antipaleo, and though I've
made it a personal mission to destroy this pervasive belief that it is
a "traditional food", I can't forget that it surely stopped my
ancestors from starving to death when the hunting was bad.

Cheyenne

Kevin wrote:
> Oh but take a look at the Bread section:
>"BREAD GROUP - choose 6 - 11 servings per day"

>The government has tried several different ways in the past to kill
off >the American Indians. <snip> Now they just let the Indians kill