NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 21:41:07 EDT
Thanks to all of you on the no milk mail list!
 As a result of reading your information and e-mail's, I have discovered at
least part of my problem.  I've had a question answered that I've had for years
concerning the milk!  Thanks.
    I've had so many problems lately that my Dr. is finally doing some
testing and taking  me seriously.  I'm being tested for autoimmune stuff etc.  But,
On the advice of one of the "listers,"  I did some testing with Dr. Kenneth
Fine's Enterolab in Texas. It was well worth the money to me as my Dr's had, so
far, given me no answers.
    You were right, I was confused on the issue of my lactose vs. protein
problems.  My testing showed I have:
"dietary gluten sensitivity, resulting in an associated autoimmune reaction
to the
human enzyme tissue transglutaminase, but no small intestinal
malabsorption/damage.  You also have antibodies to the main cow's milk
protein, casein, and hence, you are immunologically sensitive to these foods."

So, you were right.  It was the casein, not the lactose.  Thanks for all your
help!
Judith