NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 17:18:35 -0400
At 10:07 PM 5/2/2000 +0100, you wrote:
>Whats you problem.
>
>Calm down for g**'s sake.

Megan -

For some of us, dairy allergy is a high-stakes issue. Our or our childrens'
lives depend on the accuracy of the manufacturer's information.

We SHOUT because of extreme frustration. We'd like to feel that, if we
exercise due diligence, we/our kids will be safe.

It's a painful reminder to us when we realize that there are limits to this
safety, and that those limits are tied directly to the amount of negligence
we might encounter in the food trades. We encounter it almost daily in
un-informed wait-staff; we demand better from food manufacturers. Too bad
we can't get it.

Mark Feblowitz

Standard disclaimer - I am not a doctor, and am not giving you advice on
how you should treat your illness. If you decide to use my experience as a
guide, do so only with the permission of, and under the supervision of, a
licensed physician. I hold no financial interest in any company that
manufactures, markets, or sells any medical treatment, device, or health
care product, nor do I receive any financial consideration of any kind as
the result of my recommendation of any product. Any endorsement that I make
is from the position of a satisfied customer.