NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Juliann Seebauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 10:29:05 -0500
I think everyone has been taking it easy after the big surge of emails. Or
too busy to write. With me it's the latter.

Success story: 2 weeks ago I retested my son on milk and I think he's ok
with it so far. It uesd to be if it even touched his skin, or I was cooking
some mac & cheese, he'd break out.  ayear ago it changed to hyper if he got
into some O-U dairy. He still seems to crave milk, but maybe it's because
he's been 'deprived' of it for so long, and it's new for him... I'll know
I'll have to keep a close watch on him, and wait for reappearance,
especially as a teen.

My daughter, now 19 mos, I also tried at the same time- (I just finished
nursing her and was milk-free the whole time) She seems fine also, though
won't drink it 'straight'. (He'll only drink it 'straight, e.g. not mixed
in mashed potatoes).

The problem with the success is because they both have multiple allergies
(testing him now on corn, too), and still probably can't find any prepared
food.