C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 14:41:07 -0500
Jenn,

I'm sorry you're so upset.  Would it help if I told you my neurologist told
me a placebo test is standard, at least in his practice?  We have talked of
a baclofen pump, and the procedure will be threefold:

1) Injection of baclofen into the spinal cord to see if it will work
2) Placebo testing
and if I pass the first two phases, then the pump itself will be installed.

I think patience is the key.  I'm sorry you're having so much pain, and I
sympathise.  You are in my prayers.

Kat