C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 13:56:05 EST
In a message dated 2/11/2002 9:14:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Also remember our parent's generation (and even ours) were taught to deny
> pain and not to complain but grin and bear it.
>
> Kat

I get these people who want to top what I have.  I think some of them forgot
about their generation's stoicism rule. I can't even go out in public for the
people who want to line up and tell me about their miseries.  The ones who
don't do that want to cure me by making me get 20 thousand bee stings.

All I need is a good steak and a glass of wine in a restaurant with a
reasonably tolerable atmosphere, and without being cured or otherwise
annoyed.

I'm waiting to see something in the New England Journal of Medicine about the
efficacy of bee sting treatments.  I already know about anaphylaxis, but hey!
 What the heck!  Let's do it anyway.  It must be good, because somebody's
Mother's brother-in-law got close to somebody who did it, and they said it
worked for them.

It works because after the first time, nobody wants to do it again.  Of
course they're going to say it works.  Hell yes, I feel better, now get that
bee away from here before I bust you in the mouth.

What were we talking about?  I forgot.