C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael H Collis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Dec 2001 01:47:01 -0500
I’m slipping out off lurkdom to say hi, and tell you all what’s been
happening in my life since I updated you.  First, I had to get used to
MS Outlook, when my faithful Netscape Messenger died on me.  I hate
Outlook, but had no other choice, so I’m learning it as I go.
In early September, I learned of a new business that was aggressively
recruiting pwd’s here in Richmond.  Well, it turns out I’ll be the
bookkeeper/website tester and maybe a training person for the company,
so I’ll get to wear as many hats as you, Ken.
Thanksgiving wasn’t very nice to me this year.  The Wednesday before
Thanksgiving, I got on the Greyhound, which took me from Richmond to the
Danville area.  I was tired when I got off the bus, but thought I was
okay. My dad was having some remodeling done to his home, so the air
wasn’t the cleanest in the house, and was dusty outside, as well.
Thanksgiving Day came, and my sister brought over dinner.  My dad and I
then decided to go to a hotel to spend the night.  I got very sick
overnight at the hotel, and decided to check myself in at the hospital.
Well, after all was said and done, I was one sick puppy for 6 days, and
just got back this past Thursday to the most wildly wondrous, raucous
circus of friends a guy could ever have. I appreciate y’all so much…
THANKS.
Mike