BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

The listserv troubled by a bad conscience and a good memory.
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 21:34:02 EST
After caving in ancient underground  fort casements and massive magazines of
turn of the century coastal defenses I stumbled across some old ledgers in
the dust of what used to be the fort engineers office..
The old faded yellow paper half eaten by moth and mice reads

. Dated "June 30 1898"  We are using Beach Brand Rosendale cement an(d?)
,Largerdofer Portland cement for the forts construction.........Ah ha! ...but
.Later on in 1903 there is an invoice for Laurenceville cement ......and they
documented using  beach sand in the mix  ( a no no)
.......any takers or libraries  on what  Rosendale and Laurenceville are ???
Hydraulic Lime mortars (yes?) perhaps Roman(natural) cements.?... pulling my
hair after Hogmonay   Michael...