From:
Rick Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2001 23:00:33 -0700
Hi, Darla,
10 meters is a wonderful band during this part of the sunspot cycle, not
that there are any bad ones.
In the summer, frequent openings of very clear conditions from 400 to 1500
miles are common, often lasting much of the day and night.
During the winter, it's long skip to the West Coast, and, I'd think,
Europe from your area.
Often open much of the day, you can work stations with little power and
much enjoyment!
If you can, don't overlook ten meters.
Forty is quirky, with odd summer conditions, and dead nights in winter.
For my vote, it's twenty and ten, even though I'm not on HF at present.
Does that invalidate my vote? <grin>
--Rick