From:
Henry Brugsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 09:40:58 -0700
Wow, now, here's a bone of contension.
I had one of these. Yes, it was fine in it's dirrect simplicity, and way of
delivering receivability.
But, it drifted severely in the ssb mode,moving as much as ten hz up and
down. Maybe I had a defective version, but, I had a ts-120 that did the same
thing.
That droveme up the wall.
Then, after a time the megahertz selection knob got real noisy.
I eventually sold it, and got the receiver I mensioned in my last message.
Imho, the Lowe hf-150 ran vast circles round the r-1000.
As said, the biggest thing in its favor was the interface.