From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2002 21:17:01 -0400
Hi.

I don't know what length is recommended, but I can tell you that the length
of the coax does influence how it tunes.  For example, I can't get on the
upper end of 20meters or on 17meters with mine, but if I add a 6 foot piece
of coax that I have in the shack then it will load on both, but it won't
load on the lower part of 10 meters.  While this seems like a nuisance, I
have used this principle before to bring the antenna into the tuning range
of my auto-tuner on various bands.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 01:01 PM 5/24/02 -0700, you wrote:
>I don't think the length of the cabble is critical.  As I recall, mine
>just said over 50 feet.  The one I got with my commercial antenna had a
>current ballon at the feed line end of the rg8x cable.
>73s
>Butch Bussen
>wa0vjr

Louis (Kim) Kline, A.R.S.  K2LKK