From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 19:18:16 -0400
Hi Jeffry.

Are you using the HT on a duckie antenna when this is happening?  If so,
you may be asking too much out of the computer to reject an RF signal that
is that close and that strong.  You might want to consider an antenna that
is located further from the computer, even if it is an indoor one.  Most of
my computers will act up at least a little bit if I am using an HT right in
front of the machine.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 02:10 AM 4/23/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Well, I will look at those as being possibilities, but it is generally
>when I am sitting in front of the machine and I key up.  I'll try coiling
>the mouse cord as best I can, but as far as other cords go they are on the
>floor  Could the speed of the processor also have something to do with
>this?
>

>On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Louis Kim Kline wrote:
>
> > Hi Jeffry.
> >
> > The whole key to your problem is figuring how the RF is getting into your
> > computer.  I would think that at such a high frequency some ferrite on the
> > cable that is picking up the RF would knock the problem out fast!  What are
> > you using for a synthesizer?  A little crud on the serial port could sure
> > gum up the works in a hurry.  You might also look at the mouse and keyboard
> > cables.  Try coiling up the mouse cable and see if it makes any
> > difference.  Try bunching up the power cable.  Probably a little extra
> > inductance on the right cable will do the trick!
> >
> > 73, de Lou K2LKK
> >
> > At 11:20 PM 4/21/02 -0400, you wrote:
> > >Hi everyone, seeing that we are on the thread of computers giving off
> > >interference, just the other way around has anyone  had any problems when
> > >transmitting that freezes up your computer?  I have worked on VHF and 800
> > >MHz cellular and trunked systems with 800 MHz without a problem, but with
> > >440 I've noticed that my  machine freezes up.  Has anyone had this problem
> > >and what have you done to correct it?
> >
> > Louis (Kim) Kline, A.R.S.  K2LKK
> > e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
> > Work e-mail:  [log in to unmask]