From:
Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 10:34:42 -0700
The Johnson-Viking Valiant had a place to plug in a SSB exciter such as
the Centronix 20A and this combo worked reasonably well.  Steve, K8SP,
says he had a JV Invader and that it ran AM.  I thought the Invader was
a SSB rig but I must have been mistaken.

Johnson also made something we knew as the "Johnson Six and Two" which
had no modulator but used that of a Ranger or Valiant to drive a rig
which ran AM or CW (with the modulator from the other rigs) on 6 and 2
meters.  Seems to me it ran about 100w input.

Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Amateur Radio: < K 7 U I J >