From:
Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 08:53:40 -0700
Howard:

I still have a working Drake TR-4 -- it's the only HF rig I own -- but
it's not on the air at the moment.

Think you're right about the tubes.

I remember the Swan 350 and 500 well -- and the Cygnet (the Swan 260).
And then there was that Swan rig that, as you way, went 80/40/20.  Was it
the Swan 240?

And then does anyone remember the SBE 33 and 34?  I always thought the 34
was cute!

And the Centronix 20A SSB exciter?  And how about the awful Eico 753?

I think Ben Prows (WA7BOO) had a HW-12A.

I used to use a Heath SB-101 though it wasn't mine.  That was a rugged
rig!  Used 6146's as the final rather than those darn sweep tubes!

And then does anyone remember the Signal 1 -- that rig made ty National
Cash Register?  It was a bit ahead of its time and the engineering showed
it!  Lots of problems.

Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Amateur Radio: < K 7 U I J >