From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:34:44 -0500
Isn't it interesting thhat one breath of a mention about an old radio
brings out many many loving comments about old radios.  But never the same
reaction to a didgital or solid state radio.  Or as I think of it, not to a
ssb radio.
How many people are pationate about their first icom 735 or ts430?  I think
it is something about tubes but I am wondering.  Remember the swan 350 and
the ncx3's.  At the bottom of the sunspot cycle in the 60's companies made
radios that went no higher than 20 meters.
Speaking of that, anybody use the hw12, 32, or 22?
I have seen guys modify the hw12's and make them into 160 meter single
banders.

Howard