From:
"Nathan, Kevin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:19:32 -0800
Hi Brian,

Thank you for your kind words.  I am also a JAWS user.  I actually use two
different programs on the computer to work with my TNC.  Neither of them is
one of the specialized packet or multimode programs.  One is the old DOS
program COMMO.  I designed some specialized key macros for it that let me
handle some of the change over commands in RTTY and Pactor with a single
keystroke and also mimics some of the key commands in pacterm.  However,
most of the time I use a program called Terraterm which I got off of the
link on the JFW list home page titled programs that work well with JAWS or
something of that nature.  It works pretty good and there are a set of
scripts you can download and easily install which help JAWS talk very well
with it.  I also use the Xmlog program and can use the packet window in it
with the Kam.  That is what I use for DX spotting.  I can use the JAWS
cursor, place it on the frequency of a spot, double click the mouse key on
the num pad and have my radio taken to that frequency.  Very handy that
little feature.  Once I work the station and jump over to Xmlog itself to
log the QSO, when I hit control A and enter the call sign, the time, date
frequency, power and mode are already there.

I hope this is of some help.  If I can give you any more information, please
let me know and I will be glad to oblige.

Good luck and 73.
Kevin, K7RX

Kevin Nathan, Independent Living Coordinator
Dept. of Services for the Blind
3411 S. Alaska
Seattle, Wa 98118
Voice:  (206) 721-6450