From:
"Nathan, Kevin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:03:40 -0800
Hi All,

A little over a year and a half ago I came to this list looking for
information about which HF radios were most accessible and, based on that
information and personal trials at the ham store, I bought an Icom IC-746.
I love this radio and have enjoyed using its multitude of features.
However, there is one thing this rig lacks which I am finding I need.  That
is the ability to use a separate receive antenna to reduce noise, etc.  I
thought of trying to trade it for a Kenwood TS-870 but in reading reviews of
that rig, I see it doesn't have separate receive antenna capability either.
An inquiry to this list over the weekend yielded the same information on the
Kenwood TS-570.  I know the Icom 756 Pro has a separate receive antenna but
am unsure of accessibility with all of the dsp functions on it.  I was
reading reviews this morning of the Yaesu FT-100MP.  Does anyone on the list
know how accessible either of these rigs might be?  Are there others out
there that might have separate receive antenna capabilities along with dsp
and all of the new bells and whistles I have grown to like?

I appreciate any information anyone on here can give me.  Thank you very
much.  73
Kevin, K7RX

Kevin Nathan, Independent Living Coordinator
Dept. of Services for the Blind
3411 S. Alaska
Seattle, Wa 98118
Voice:  (206) 721-6450