From:
Randy Formenti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:52:09 +800
I have had a lot of fun listening to my scanner flying between CA and MI
over the years.  Listening to noaa weather gives you an idea where you are and
all the different weather you are passing over.  FM reception can be quite good
especially with a window seat. If you have a walkman how do they know
whether you are listening to War and Peace or the radio anyway?

I had a boyfriend in California who used to bring his GPS on the plane.
He could tell his exact position and speed and the other passengers near
enough to see the screen enjoyed it too.

As long as I've got your ear, I'll tell you another story about him.
One day he was flying Delta which he says stands for Don't Ever Leave the
Airport.  Just before they were going to close the doors he noticed some oil
leaking from one of the engines.  He immediately jumped up and ran off the
plane saying he refused to fly on a plane when he could see oil leaking from
an engine.  This delayed the flight and upset the pilot because they had to
pull his luggage off the plane.  But he was even more upset an hour later when
he had to return to the airport because of a problem with that engine.

88's N8KL