From:
Patrick Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 16:29:11 -0600
Gary,

I have both the 2000 and the Kenwood hand held.  I am pretty impressed with
both.  I guess I had a hell of a year!!

The 2000 isn't completely accesible, but really isn't bad.  Several others
on this list have the rig as well.  The manual is available in electronic
format from Kenwood; it isn't perfect, but gives you a good start.  Most
menues are vocalized; not all submenues are.  The rig has a rather steep
learning curve, but you will probably find it is worth the effort!!

The handheld is, also, quite accesible.  I haven't had it long enough, nor
have I devoted enough time to it, but it is a really nice transceiver and
has the potential to be really blind friendly.  Not perfect, but what is!!

Hope this helps.