From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 02:17:51 -0500
Hi.

Here are some things to think about.  Have you successfully used other
devices on this port?  I'm wondering if the port has somehow been disabled
in Windows or in your BIOS.  What does the Windows Device Manager
show?  Also, is there any possibiolity of bad cabling?  It might be worth
getting together with someone else that has one of these radios, to see if
you can program your radio from their computer system.  I don't know that
I've gotten any great solutions for you, but perhaps if you ask yourself
some of these questions, and try doing some testing to eliminate possible
causes, then maybe something will jump out at you during the
troubleshooting process.

73, de Lou K2LKKAt 02:39 PM 1/5/02 -0800, you wrote:
>I'm having a little trouble using the Kenwood software for the TH-F6A.  I
>have connected the PG4 cable between the computer serial port and the
>TH-F6A.  I used an adapter to go from the 25-pin serial connector on the
>cable to my 9-pin serial port.  When I try to read from the TH-F6A or write
>to it, I get a communications timed out message.  I have the serial port
>set up for the standard configuration and 9600bps.  Has anyone faced this
>difficulty and surmounted it?  If so, your advice would be appreciated.
>
>Dave, A F 6 Y

Louis (Kim) Kline, A.R.S.  K2LKK
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Work e-mail:  [log in to unmask]