From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 05:12:59 -0600
Hi Everybody!

You're probably wondering if I had a happy birthday or not. Well, I did!
Monday night, the night before my birthday, I had probably the worst
migraine headache I've ever had in my entire 54 years of life! I took
medicine to counteract it, and it put me out of commission till Tuesday
afternoon! But, at seventeen minutes after twelve midnight on my birthday,
the phone began to ring. Everybody from Timbuktu to Tasmania called me on
the phone. You all didn't want me to be alone! Do you know something? I
love you soooooooooo much! I shhowed my house at two PM, which only took
about fifteen minutes. Then, I started working on my personal inbox, which
I still have to finish! Yikes! Couldn't get to list mail all day yesterday
because the phone was being used. That was sooooooooooo neaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeat!

At about four-thirty PM, a neighbor down the street who is a ham radio
friend, called to invite me out to supper with him. I was soooooooooo
excited because it meant I got to leave this house for about five hours!!
Wow!! Do you realize, I hadn't been out of my house since my trip to Milwaukee?

Well, we started out at Radio Shack, and I spent about a hundred dollars on
batteries for my cordless phone and two handheld two-meter ham radios. I
need those radios and that phone to work effectively. Mike, my ham friend,
paid for the cordless phone battery, which was a surprise, indeed! The
other battery packs had to be special ordered, so they will be here within
a week, so the man at Radio Shack says.

Mike and I went to a place called Dijuvani's (pronounced DijuVani's and had
all the fried chicken, smashed taters, tater salad and macaroni salad we
could eat. They didn't have any cheesecake, darn it. Oh well.

While there, I met a friend of Mike's who had lost his wife six months ago
due to a massive heart attack and a massive stroke. We talked for about an
hour, we cried together, we hugged. Somebody later asked me if I was going
to stay in contact with this guy named Sonny. I haven't the faintest idea
whether I will or not, since we didn't exchange phone numbers.

Anyway, I got back home here about nine PM, turned on my computer,
downloaded mail again, noticed I had about thirty messages from personal
friends, said "I'll do it tomorrow", and went to bed because I'm not used
to all this activity, you see! Doesn't that sound strange? Well, there you
have it. My fifty-fourth birthday was spent with friends either on the
phone or in person. Nobody, and I mean nobody, left me alone for more than
five minutes!! I was soooooooooo impressed at all your love and affection!!
Thank you, those of you who called and made my birthday a happy one without
my Sweetie Pie here to hug and love!

I love you all soooooooooo much,
Reeva, K8DMU