From:
Brett Winchester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 09:04:48 -0600
Walt,  How big or small is this puppy anyway.  I rarely can get into Radio =
Shack for more than specific purposes so do not have much idea about other =
products they have.  I guess  that is a result of having a wife in =
commercial loans and teenagers.=20

Thank You!

BRETT K WINCHESTER  PM  KD7JN
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.icbvi.state.id.us/brochure/RADIO.HTM=20

READING SERVICES MANAGER
ICBVI - IDAHO COMMISSION f/t BLIND & VISUALLY IMPAIRED
P O BOX 83720
BOISE IDAHO  83720-0012
208-334-3220 ext 104 or 103 +7 =3D voice mail non-business hours
fax  208-334-2963

>>> Walt Smith <[log in to unmask]> 09/19/01 11:50AM >>>
While I didn't need or want the DX398, I was in the market for a smaller
radio and when I went to RS last week, I found they also have the DX399 on
sale for $70.  It was the radio I wanted (much smaller than the DX398) at
the price I wanted to pay.  The fact that with earphones such as those I
picked up on sale at RS last month, it receives in stereo and sounds =
great,
it's a very nice little package.  I'm not especially impressed with its =
ham
band tuning but in the regular short wave bands, it's certainly more than
adequate for a radio of its size and price.  If you're looking for =
something
smaller than the 398, check this one out.

--
Walt Smith - Raleigh, NC