Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 16:24:17 -0400
> I'm new to the Paleo diet, but not new to low carb, so I'm doing fairly
well
> on it so far...just a week or so into it.  However, I am having a very
hard
> time, (read as impossible) giving up that morning cup of half decaf/half
> regular organic java with a tad of organic milk in it.  Someone tell me,
why
> do I have to let it go?  I may never be able to get past this, and be a
true
> Paleo.  LOL!!!  Also, what is the poisition on the occasional use of
organic
> sprouted breads which have no flour in them, and are considered living
food?
> When I went low carb I substituted sprouted bread for regular bread, and
> really enjoy the occasional sandwich.  I have found that it is not
possible
> for me to be 100% perfect in any area of my life, so figure the best I can
> give this is my very best, which I know will fall short of perfect.

Welcome to the list!

It's your life, you should do what you want with it!

I drink coffee every day. I don't drink milk because I don't like it, have
allergies to it, and think it's not good for you. I do eat some hard cheese
now and then, a small amount that is made with raw milk. I avoid grains in
general although I eat rice sometimes and I "cheat" and have occasional
bread (at a restaurant for instance.) I would not personally make bread of
any kind a regular habit.

One thought is to quit these foods for a few weeks and see if it makes any
difference to your feelings of health or well-being. I did this and it was
very helpful. I discovered I am allergic to tomatoes, peppers and eggplant.

I quit coffee for a long time until I read about flourine levels in tea and
then I switched from drinking a ton of green tea to drinking a cup or two of
coffee and occasional tea.  Coffee doesn't seem to be too harmful but you
never know unless you quit for a while. Still, if you don't feel like it,
don't!

--Richard