Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Grant Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 1997 19:27:25 -0700
 Chris Fincham asks and comments:
>  without agriculture, what would we eat?  The human race has
> exploded beyond the capability of this planet to support it without
modern
> agricultural practices.  In our age, urban sprawl has claimed both
pristine
> winderness and agricultural land - to the point that only intensive
farming
> practices produce suffient food to supply the population.  The answer is
not
> to condemn agriculture, but to take personal responsibility for slowing
> population growth.

Chris, you have brought to the forefront an excellent issue, one that is so
easily avoided, hard to deal with and is by no means a popular topic.

Our Philosophers struggle and our Scientists struggle to come up with some
solutions.  The trend appears to be that of vegetarianism, the tinkering
with technology to make plant source foods viable for human consumption --
unfortunately at the expense of our health.

Nature is coming up with more and more diseases, Aids, Diabetes, Cancer,
Heart Disease etc. are spreading thru all populations ever more rapidly
since the first man fenced in a piece of land and called it a ranch or
farm.  Is the fish bowl too full?

I read in the paper the other day that the Super Bug is now in four of our
Hospitals in British Columbia,  a 22 year old University girl died as have
several others -- we are not to worry our immune system normally takes care
of bacterium of this nature, we are told.

We are here as a group because we are interested in doing something, at the
very least avoiding the pitfalls of a comprimised immune system, if not to
strengthen it for our own well being and the well being of future
generations.

If we have a Paleo-Style solution for ourselves, how do we bring the
solution to the billions of other animals sharing this planet?

Grant
Who wonders how to return control to nature which would appear to do a
better job at just about everything "given time".

----->
The Paleo Person      SPEAR and STONE
Grant         [log in to unmask]
http://www.mountain-inter.net/~magnuson/