Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 1997 11:14:17 GMT

>My own two cents about almonds is that they are similar enough to other
>wild and non-toxic nuts to be eaten if desired. I haven't eaten any for
>years since I've had no attraction. Maybe if I had no animal foods for a
>while they would become interesting enough to eat again...

I remember reading that Edward Howell, of Enzyme Nutrition fame, tried
subsisting on nuts and said that he got sick and permanently damaged his
digestion - tho in what way he didn't say.

I see nothing wrong with eating fresh nuts in limited quantities espescially
if they are eaten with Phytase food enzymes to get rid of the phytic acid
inhibitor.   Perhaps research has already been done on possible other
toxins.  The Hunza would suck all day on the cyanide-toxic apricot kernel.
It probably beats chewing gum?  And they would 'officially' taste the
kernels from each tree - I don't know if they ripped the 'bad' ones out, but
they avoided them in some way.  Good idea !

At some time, I understand that people in Europe were short of food, and
they ate parts of acorns and the bark of some trees.  Did they survive to
tell the story?  I would not expect those items to be part of any
satisfactory diet for any length of time.

When I eat say 2 to 4 oz of almonds I get the impression that my stool
becomes sort-of fat-clogged, similar to when I used to eat a lot of cheese.
Its quite different with Phytase enzymes added, tho its still not as healthy
looking as normal.

Unfortunately, as far as nuts go commercially, almonds would seem to be the
best from the raw fooders/unprocessed point of view.  I have been known to
be in rapture eating home grown walnuts. :>))

regards,
Lynton