Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 13:48:27 -0400
Troy, Toby, and everyone else,

Actually, I think this is a very meaningful answer.  We don't "listen" to
our bodies anymore.  Mostly because we don't even hear it "talking".

I know exactly what you're talking about.  Recently, I had to have spinach.
 Sometimes, it's a grapefruit.  Others, nothing but a huge rare steak (or
two!) will do.  And it's never the kind of craving I had with carbs; once
I've had the grapefruit, I don't want another.  It's like I got whatever I
needed.

I never experienced this before I started low-carb in January.  The only
things that I would want back then were more carbs.

John Pavao

----------
Toby
I eat probably 3 lbs. of meat per day. How did I arrive at this? I'm not
sure. It's just what I feel my body needs. The reason that NEANDERTHIN
prescribes no set quantities is that every person's nutritional needs
are different. By getting rid of all carbohydrates for a few weeks
(i.e., eating only meat and green plant food), perhaps this would
"recalibrate" your innate sense of what your body needs.

I "just know" when I need to eat fruit or nuts. And I also know when I
need to eat nothing but meat. Or when I need lots of green vegetables.
How do I know? Couldn't tell you. I just do. Perhaps this is just my
experience, and things will be different for you on NEANDERTHIN.

All animals have a sort of internal guide as to what foods they need
which can be had in their environment. When you are eating an unnatural
diet you confuse this innate sense and/or deactivate it. Getting back to
a more natural diet seems to awaken this sense.

I apologize if I'm not answering your question in a meaningful way.

Troy Gilchrist