NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 12:07:34 EST
Hi, I am very new to a milk free diet and wondered if anyone knows of a
Scottish or British site similar to this one,  where I might get advice on
British products and labeling.
Thanks
Ann

Hi Ann!  Good luck on finding more specific info in Britian-  We were in
England and Scotland for a month this summer-I found it difficult to find out all
I needed from the labeling AND from staff in restaurants-  (in 1 restaurant in
Scotland I had to find someone who spoke with less of a burr than our
waitress!  I apologized to her, but I couldn/t understand her....)

Fortunatly my son is not so allergic that he can tolerate some exposure- one
day they brought us a potato covered in butter and sour cream  AAHHH!!

He actually ate 32 meals of fish and chips!  He misses them a lot now.  Wish
we could find them here.

My advise is to research the labeling laws where you are and then find ALL
the British names for milk and derivitaves (they are NOT all the same as here)
and start reading!

Good luck!  We loved our trip and wish we could return!

Stefanie