C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"B.GIVEN" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1999 17:57:24 +1000
Hi,

I was put on oral Baclofen last week to try and help me to empty my
bladder. (gross topic I know but, I think we're all friends here!)
Anyway, I have some questions to ask but, this has been the first chance
I've had to ask as I've been busy at Uni & I'm also in the middle of
trialing the Speech Enhancer at the moment, so everything has been
happening at once!
I have notice a huge difference in my spasms generally. My right leg has
been amazingly still, which pleases me greatly!
I take 1 tablet morning & night & half at lunchtime.
My doctor said if its successful, then I should consider a pump long term.
I know there has been heaps of discussion on it in the last few weeks but,
I didn't pay much attention to it because I didn't think it would effect me
but, I was mistaken!
Essentially what I'd like to know is:
Is the pump more effective than oral Baclofen?
How does it work?
Where is it inserted?
What have been people's experiences with it?
Has anyone else been put on Baclofen due to difficulty in emptying their
bladder?
Thanks. I often wonder why I'm not doing medicine instead of law! Probably
because it involves science and maths, heavan forbid!

Fiona