Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Brett Winchester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 10:51:54 -0600
you got that one right Mike!!!!!

Concur.

But if their Human Factors engineers would quit designing radios so
complex that one needs a Ph.D. to operate them, we wouldn't need synths
except for freq read-out.  But that won't happen until hams become
disenchanted with bells and whistles and boycott the manufacturers.
Protests of newbies to the contrary notwithstanding, it was a *lot* easier
to operate rigs of thirty years ago and more!

Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Amateur Radio: < K 7 U I J >

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Andy Baracco wrote:

> One must remember that voice syns were not developed by the mainstream radio
> manufacturers for the blind.  They were developed for those who used rigs as
> mobils.  I don't think you would get anywhere prevailing on them to do it so
> that blind folks could use their rigs.  The first thing they would ask would
> be, "How many of such rigs would we sell".
>
> Andy

Thank You!

BRETT K WINCHESTER  PM  KD7JN

http://www.icbvi.state.id.us/brochure/RADIO.HTM

VOLUNTEER & READING SERVICES MANAGER
IDAHO COMMISSION f/t BLIND & VISUALLY IMPAIRED - ICBVI
P O BOX 83720
341 W WASHINGTON
BOISE IDAHO  83720-0012

208-334-3220 ext 104 +7 = voice mail
fax  208-334-2963
Member IAAIS International Association of Audio Information Services