From:
Lynn Rainwater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 19:39:24 -0600

If you can possibly make it, please join us for a planning meeting and
pot luck lunch on Saturday, 16 February, at Covenant Presbyterian
Church, in the kitchen/dining area. The meeting will be at 10:30 AM, and
everyone is invited to come and share your ideas about what our group
should and can be doing in the coming year. Americans are famous for
their volunteer activities; our celiac group needs  some of this
volunteer involvement if we are to  help each other and those newly
diagnosed with celiac disease or DH. You are needed; you can help;
please come and volunteer!

Following the meeting, we will have one of our popular pot luck lunches
at 12 noon. Those who have been to past lunches know that this will
provide a great opportunity to try a variety of different gluten-free
dishes and to socialize with others who share the same problems of
dealing with the gluten-free diet. If you haven't been to one of our pot
lucks, why not take advantage of this opportunity to enjoy some great
food and see old friends or make new ones.

Along with your gluten-free salad, entree, vegetable, bread, or dessert,
bring a list of the ingredients to place by your dish or plate. This is
needed by those members who have other sensitivities or allergies and
must check for ingredients other than gluten that they have to avoid.

And why not share your recipe with all of our members? We can't use
recipes straight from cookbooks (the publishers would have a fit!), but
if you have made at least 3 or more changes to a recipe to modify it for
celiac use, it may be printed in our newsletter, as, of course, may any
original recipes. Just bring a copy of the recipe to the pot luck & give
it to me, or send it to me by e-mail if you like. With 12 newsletters a
year, we are always looking for good gluten-free recipes.

Our meeting and the pot luck lunch will both be held in the
kitchen/dining area at our usual meeting place, Covenant Presbyterian
Church, 211 Roleto Drive (just past Northwest Military Highway on the IH
410 West access road). A locator map may be found at the bottom of the
Calendar page on our Web site if you have not attended one of our
meetings before.

We hope you will be able to join us for the meeting and the pot luck. If
you can't make both because of scheduling conflicts, you are encouraged
to join us as your time permits for the meeting or the pot luck.

If you are not a member of our group but would like to join, contact our
Membership Chair, Anne Barfield, [log in to unmask], for information.

Lynn Rainwater, Secretary
San Antonio Celiac Sprue Support Group
http://www.geocities.com/alamoceliac