From:
Jean Shott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 18:20:09 EST

I know it is after Thanksgiving, but I know I'll make pumpkin pie in the near
future.

I had asked if anyone used a non-dairy substitute for the evaporated milk in
pumpkin pies.

Suggestions were to use soy, coconut, almond, rice, darifree or any milk.
One responder used skim milk.  Another used tofu.

Some add gelatin in place of eggs (I don't know if this pie was then baked or
"refrigerator set")

A rep from Libby's suggested adding 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with the sugar
if using a non-fat milk.

Another responder used Vance's Darifree, egg replacer and tapioca starch to
thicken.

All indicated that the pie tasted delicious.

Thank you for your help!

Jean
Copley, Ohio  USA