From:
John Dorfman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 07:58:18 -0700

 Hello all,

I have had an experience which I believe relates to this.
First, let me say that I believe I have celiac disease
because I have that skin disease derm something plus other
symptoms and also I have responded well to a GF diet.
However, I went on the diet before getting an antibody blood
test or biopsy and I refuse to eat gluten again.  I am
shortly going to have the gene test though.  Anyway, here is
how I think my info relates.  Some of the comments below
mention the adrenal glands.

Well,
I am seeing a chiropractor/nutritionist who found out I have
a sub-clinical condition with my adrenal glands (due to eye
pupils gyrating when bright light is shone in them in a dark
room) plus I was way short on vitamin C (he put this blue
stuff on my tongue to test this).  The chiropractor gave me
vitamin C for this.

Secondly, when I exercised, I would get pretty severe
hypertension of my left pectorial muscle and twitching!  The
vitamin C has helped this condition a lot!  Basically, after
reading the booklet the chiro gave me and reading about
vitamin C, I have come up with.  In the adrenal booklet
given to me by the chiropractor, it says that if the adrenal
gland is producing low amount of the hormone DHEA, it can
cause hypertension.  From my reading on vitamin C, it
appears that vitamin C is essential for the production of
HORMONES.  So that is maybe why the vitamin C helps.  Right
now, I am taking Metagenics Ultra Potent-C 1000.

 Each tablet has 1667% vitamin C and I take four tablets a
day.  So maybe this helps with the sodium thing since
someone mentioned that deficit of aldosterone from the
adrenal gland produces excess loss of sodium through an
excess loss of water (voiding frequently maybe especially at
night).  This excess voiding in the night was happening to
me too.

Also, one other thing, just to clarify, that twitching I
mentioned can in some cases be caused by a lack of calcium
(used to contract muscle) and magnesium (used to relax
muscle).

 I have been taking Shaklee Calcium / Magnesium (starch is
in the ingredients, but I found out it was potato starch
from Shaklee) which is supposedly highly absorbable
according to my chiropractor.  I'm not sure if my twitching
has improved or not, but one test that they did has.  My
chiropractor took that thing that is used to measure blood
pressure on the arm and put it around my calf muscle three
weeks ago.  A normal muscle can take 220 mm mercury pressure
before cramping; my muscle cramped at 110 mm mercury
pressure.  However, I was just redid the test after taking
the Shaklee for three weeks and my muscle now does not cramp
until 240 mm mercury pressure.  But like I said, I am not
sure if the twitching has gotten better although I don't
really get the twitching anymore when exercising, just other
times.  Take this for what it is worth, and I hope it helps!
:)

-John