From:
Troy and Amy Budreau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 12:46:26 -0600

Hi!

Because of the recent discussion of companies dusting their frozen
vegetable packages with flour I thought I would let you know what I
found out from a local meat packaging plant--

I checked with this plant in my "hometown" area because they have a
separate store by the plant that you can by products at a major discount
BUT they said that their packages come flour dusted and so even though
their meat products are GF because of the packaging they use they end up
not being GF.  When I found out about this I was going to e-mail all of
you to see if you had heard of any other "more popular" meat plants that
dust their packages with flour, but I sort of forgot about it until I
started reading about the packages for frozen vegies being dusted too.

This is kind of an FYI so that we are more careful about ALL packages
now (unfortunately), but also a step backwards from all the progress we
have made with manufacturers and their labels because now they are
throwing flour on the packaging!

Amy in Iowa