From:
Krista Mammoser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 16:57:38 EST

Hi everyone,

Thank you all so much for all of your recipes for wings.  Our Superbowl hot
wings were a hit.  It was so easy as well.  I received many responses from
people who just wanted copies of the recipes.  So.... following is a summary
of some of the many recipes I received.

We baked  our wings on a greased cookie sheet at 450 degrees for 40 minutes.
Then, just tossed them with 3 parts Frank's hot wing sauce to 2 parts butter.
 Then we threw them on the grill for a couple minutes.  They were really very
good.

TO DIE FOR!  Takes a little time & care, but well worth the effort,
especially for a special occasion.

Two bags frozen chicken wings
GF flour  (about 1 1/2 cups)
Lawry's seasoned salt (about 1 teaspoon)
oil or pan spray

SAUCE:

1/2 cup wine vinegar
1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoons molasses (optional)
3 tablespoons ketchup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Lawry's seasoned salt
1 can crushed pineapple packed in juice

Thaw wings & rinse.  Preheat oven 350 degrees F.  Put flour & some
Lawry's seasoned salt in brown paper sack.  Shake 6 to 10 wings at a time
in flour mix to coat.  Arrange wings on well oiled baking dishes (large
non-stick jelly roll type pans are best).  Bake 20 minutes.  Turn each
wing & bake 20 more minutes.  While wings bake, mix sauce ingredients.

Remove wings from pan. Pour off excess grease & clean pans.  Replace
wings.  Spoon sauce over each wing.  Bake 20 minutes more.  Serve hot
with sticky rice & oriental veggies or tossed green salad.  Serves about
6 to 8 big eaters.  They are so good, you will not have leftovers --
guaranteed!

We make a sauce of Frank's Hot sauce and butter;heat them together on the
stovetop.  We just "wing" the amounts-but it's not a lot that is needed.
Bake your wings in the oven, then throw the wings and sauce in a bowl and
mix.  They come out hot, spicy, and delicious.  Very simple.

Simmer together in a pot, 1/2 cup honey, 1/2 cup gf soy sauce, 1/4 cup water
and a pinch of salt for about 15 minutes.  Take 3-4 pounds of chicken wings
and place in a 9X13 glass dish. Pour over marinade.  Bake uncovered for about
2 hours at 350 degrees or until sauce thickens.  Stir occasionally.

If you are lazy, Durkee has mixes for same that include a bag to cook them
in.  There are several different kinds of mixes and they are all gf.  I just
bought a package this past week and checked on the gf status of same.

Not really a recipe, but I make my own barbecue sauce with ketchup and
worcestershire sauce....mix to taste, adding the sauce to the ketchup.
Marinate the wings in the mix while a grill or oven heats up...or over night.
Doesn't matter. Cook the wings until done.I prefer the outdoor barbecue, but
you can bake or broil. If you broil them, you have to watch that the sauce
doesn't burn before the chicken cooks, so I put it on a lower rack or not the
highest broiling heat. You can also be adventurous and add some gf duck sauce
or apricot jam to the ketchup and wor. sauce mix. Just don't add too much
wor. It can overpower.

just made these this week.  Both.  fitted pan with foil to make two mini
pans.  Easy clean-up.  Just throw foil away as BBQ sauce is a bugger to get
off a pan after it's baked.

Actually, you can vary each recipe to suit your tastes.  IN the second, use
basil or oregano or dill or rosemary.  I just happen to like thyme and
chicken.

1. dust wings with rice flour.  Put in a bowl.  Pour a generous amount
of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce (GF),  Add a little more when they are in
the baking pan.  Squeeze some honey over each wing. Bake til done.

2. Put wings in a bowl.  Pour in some olive oil.  Mix well.  Sprinkle
generously with pepper mill grind pepper.  Actually a lot.  Should be on the
hot side.  Generously sprinkle thyme.  Mix well.  Bake.

Barbecued chicken Wings

prep time 20 min
Cook time 5 to 6 hrs.
Makes : about 60 pieces

4 lbs chicken wings
2 large onions, chopped
2 cans (6 oz ea.) tomato paste
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1/4 Worcestershire sauce
1/4 c. vinegar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sweet pickle relish
1/2 c. red or white wine
2 tsp salt
2 tsp dry mustard

Cut off wing tips and discard.  Cut wings at the joint and place in a
crockpit or other slow cooker.  Add remaining ingredients and stir.  Set
cooker on low and cook for 5 to 6 hrs.

Oriental Chicken Wings       Crock Pot Recipe

3 pounds chicken wings or drumettes
1 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ginger

Discard the chicken wing tips and cut wings apart. Place pieces in the
crockpot.  Combine remaining 8 ingredients in a bowl and mix well together.
Pour over chicken. Cover . Cook on low for about 6 hours or on high for
about 4 hours or until chicken is done.

NB. I have served this a number of times and people ask for the recipe.  I
am not one who likes to cook but this is so easy.  I usually use both wings
and thighs mixed and cook it on low for at least 6 hours.

Thank you again for all the recipes!!

Krista - Dallas, TX