From:
Danna Korn, Raising Our Celiac Kids <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 10:42:58 -0800

Hi, list:

As you know, May 4th the world will "make tracks for celiacs" at the
First Annual International Walk/Run for Celiac Disease, with proceeds
going to the Center for Celiac Research in Maryland. There are several
countries participating, and here in the United States, several cities
are holding their own events.

On the west coast, our event will be huge! We are expecting 2,000
participants to walk/run in a 1k or 5k along the beautiful Pacific Ocean
in La Jolla, and at the finish line we'll have live music and a health
fair with free celiac screenings. So far we have participants from
Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Nevada, and California! The media is
responding favorably, with early commitments to promotional cooperation
and news opportunities.

We still need sponsors and donors to help contribute to this walk, so
that we can cover expenses and donate more to celiac research. Our
budget for the La Jolla walk is separate from any of the other walks.

Sponsorship opportunities of all types are available, and donations are
gratefully accepted. All are tax-deductible. Please contact me if you'd
like to discuss further, or see event details at www.a-thon.com.

THANK YOU!

Danna Korn
(858) 395-5421