From:
Linda Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 10:27:05 -0600

I received several replies to my question.  Following are results for
support groups.

pediatric support group in Mooresville.

group in Cincinnati--2 hours from Indy

Central R.O.C.K. group in Indy

received response from women who runs the support group in Lafayette.  She
says they are "the closest group to Indy.  No support group there."

support group that woman around Martinsville has started

Doctors

Dr. Stephen Mahoney--gastroenterologist in Indy, St. Francis Hospital in
Beech Grove.  Sees patients on regular basis @ hospital in Shelbyville

Very good doctor in Indy is Dr. Rex at the IU Medical Center (not taking
appts until June)

Lives in Shelbyville.  Has daughter with celiac.  Sees Dr. Susan Maisel at
Methodist Hospital.

University of Chicago has group specializing in children

I have names, phone numbers, and email addresses of several people that can
be contacted.  Some of these folks are connected with support groups and
offered to ask members of the support group for doctor's names.  If you
wish this info let me know and I will contact these folks and see if I may
share their contact info with you.

My daughter did find a doctor and has an appointment in three weeks for an
endoscopy.  If we find that she has sprue she will be contacting a support
group.  Thank you for the wealth of information.