EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rosemary Ernst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:18:41 -0500
Okay ... then these are the  questions I should have asked in the first
place:

1) Does anyone know how many people actually use Home Page Reader as
opposed to JAWS, Connect Outloud or Window Eyes? Where might I find
statistics on this?

2) From David Poehlman's response it seems that HPR is comparable to
Connect Outloud. As a web developer, if I test a site in Connect Outloud,
will it likely work in the other voice browsers?

In my experience Netscape and Macintosh are miserable in their
compatibility with accessible technologies. SO I assume people will use the
latest version of IE on a PC, or Lynx.

Thanks for your opinions and experience,

Rosemary Ernst
Web Developer