EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ann Parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 11:20:58 -0500
Hi all,

Martin, even better post this time!  Yes, I agree whole heartedly with
your clarification.    If Lynx or W3 would or could work with Java,
then our problems would be solved.  Much of the barrier right now is
Java scripting in order forms and so on.  I have encountered many web
sites whose main content was fine except that when it came to filling
out the order form or the login form or the search box, the security
measures and the Java scripting made it impossible.

<smile>  Yeh, X-Windows is a problem, but much of Unix/Linux can be
accessed.

Of course one other solution you haven't mentioned is to put Linux on
a PC and connect it to your Unix system.  If you run Emacspeak or
better yet Speak-up in conjunction with emacspeak, you can have access
to everything but X-Windows.

there's some work going on with some program that allows you to run
Windows programs through Linux, including the screen reader, but I
don't know how well it's working.

As for browsers, if I can access a web site in w3 or in Lynx, I much
prefer it.

Ann P.

--
                        Ann K. Parsons
email:  [log in to unmask]                   ICQ Number:  33006854