EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 16:35:53 -0500
often, with a text based browser like lynx, you get a nasty message
from a site like "dummy! use netscape or ie".  In these instances, you
are allowed no further in.  Also, many of the forms that do not work
in text based browsers work in ie and netscape.  More and more sites
are less and less useable with lynx and as the ability of screen
readers to tackle the gui gets better, the screen readers can handle
those sites much better.  In effect, but for the ability to cut and
past and to move between applications, there is not much difference
between using lynx and the gui other than that which I have described.
Given a choice, it is better over all to use the gui simply due to the
weight of the work.