From:
Miki Tracey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:11:53 -0500

Here's what i got in response to my friend's blackout, i'll be posting
question number 2 momentarily.

Several votes for low blood pressure One for low sodium/electrolytes
Several votes for low blood sugar Two votes for irregular heartbeat
(funny, they tested her for this about five months ago) One vote for
epilepsy Three votes for stroke or stroke-like event

One discussion on the possibility that celiacs eating bread can CAUSE
low blood sugar.

One person having blackouts/fainting spells that they haven't found the
cause for.

Several (at least 3) folks wrote that they experienced similar problems
which disappeared after diagnosis of Celiac and adherance to the Gluten
Free diet.

I also sent the note to a couple friends.  Two of them have/had brain
tumors.  One of them said her 'seizure' started out very similar to the
description i sent.  Just so happens several of her symptoms match those
reported by my two brain tumor friends.

So in the end, she will try to convince her HMO/Doctors to look for
celiac but she remains uncertain.  Many months ago when i joined this
list i got a message from a woman who had a very long message she sent
out to folks to convince them to get tested, and which explained the
testing options.  (I remember another person who had a great one for
after diagnosis, but this is a pre-diagnosis type letter)  At the time i
forwarded it to my mother, and I'd like to get it to my friend.  If you
are that woman, would you please forward your message to me again?  All
i remember is that when i first read it, you complained about women who
didn't seem to think that intestinal cancer was so bad, but who
responded immediately when you added something about weight
gain/inability to lose weight.

Thanks all.
--
Miki Tracey