From:
Joan K. Davitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 17:37:16 -0500

I received a few repsonses re: my quest for GF candy corn (I love the stuff).

2 indicated that Farley's was GF. I called the company today (800-622-4726,
now a subsidiary of nabisco) and they said that it is GF, no wheat, rye,
barley or oats in the ingredients or in processing. The represetative also
said that Nabisco brands now lists in the ingredients any known food
allergens/sensitivity products in the ingredients even if only used in
processing. (They include wheat, rye barley and oats in this group of food
allergens.) So, if they use flour to dust the candy lines, that would be in
the ingredient list. Has anyone else received this info. from Nabisco? I am
a bit leary about trusting this information. However, since 2 others seem
to eat this stuff without a problem, I will try it.

One person suggested Brach's, but in previous calls to this company I was
told that none of their candy is safe since they may use flour to dust the
lines.

One person said that brachs was not GF for the same reason mentioned above.

One person suggested Goelitz brand (the Jelly Belly company) I had called
them last year and they are GF, but very hard to find near me.

One person suggested the following: Last year I ordered gf candy corn
from Chocolate Emporium.  Just do a search with those words, and it will
take you to the right place.  The Chocolate Emporium deals with Jewish
candy specialties--delicious candy.  During the regular year, there are
a few choices.  During Passover is the best time for the most selection.
Food preparation rules dictate no gluten for food used during this time.
It's worth a call--they only had it during the fall to my knowledge.

joan
Ardmore, PA, USA